Rolf M. Baghdady, P.A.
Attorney and Counselor at Law
THE PEOPLE AT OUR FIRM INCLUDE:
Attorney: Rolf M. Baghdady
With his 6’3” frame, broad shoulders, and booming voice, Rolf is quite an impressive presence in the court room. Even as a student pursuing his Juris Doctorate, his Trial Advocacy professor exclaimed, “Mr. Baghdady, you’re going to make a great trial lawyer.” After 35 plus years in civil practice, that prophecy has come true.
A self-motivated, dependable professional, Rolf is able to solve extremely complex problems through research in new areas of law to create the best and most pragmatic solutions possible for his clients. Don’t just trust our word for it. Here’s just a few testimonials from his satisfied clients:
“Mr. Baghdady successfully wiped out a second mortgage balance in a chapter 13.”
“We’re so thankful we hired Mr. Baghdady. Ever since my wife’s illness, we’ve been unable to make payments on our student loans. Mr. Baghdady was able to get all of them discharged.”
“Mr. Baghdady, you saved our church!”
Some highlights from Rolf’s work history include the following:
· Bankruptcy/Debt Relief - Successfully managing all aspects of over 100 bankruptcies in Chapters 7, 11, 12, & 13, including adversarial proceedings (one representing the Chapter 7 Trustee).
· Probate/Estate - Drafting powers of attorney, wills, and trusts. Managing probate issues to include contested wills and appointment of conservators and guardians.
· Real Estate - Transactions, including real estate closings on commercial and residential contracts and closing multi-million dollar loan workout/buyout of non-recourse loan.
· Taxes - Providing tax opinions to include preparing and filing returns and handling tax litigation before the United States Tax Court and District Court.
· Corporate/Residential Contracts and Disputes - Negotiations in connection with the purchase and sale of businesses. Entity formations, including corporate partnerships and LLCs. Landlord/tenant concerns. Breach of contract, including construction contracts representing owners, contractors, and sub-contractors, and real property disputes, including eminent domain, boundary, and mortgage foreclosures.
· Litigation - Coordinating all phases of litigation in the following areas:
· Fraudulent conveyance
· Securities including churning by broker-dealers and investment misrepresentations in arbitrations before the NYSE, AAA, and CBOE, and the enforcement of arbitration awards under state, federal, and international law (United Nations Convention on the Recognition & Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards of 1958)
· NOTE: See Appellate Briefing and argument in the highest State Courts, and in the 4th and 11th Circuit Courts of Appeals, including a reported reversal Cedar Cove Homeowners Ass'n v. DiPietro, 628 S.E.2d 284, 368 S.C. 254 (S.C. App. 2006)]
Bar Admissions: One additional thing that makes Rolf stand out head and shoulders above the rest is that is he is licensed to practice law in not merely one state but in four! He was admitted in the states of Florida and South Carolina in 1984, Georgia in 1989, and New York in 2000. These interstate admissions provide him with a unique perspective and the ability to work across borders as he calmly handles often difficult and frustrating matters for his clients, some many miles away.
Education: Rolf earned his B.S. in Economics with a concentration in Finance from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and a law degree from the University of South Carolina, where he graduated in the top quarter of the class.
Personal: He and his wife of over 30 years have 7 children, whom they have all successfully homeschooled. When not busy practicing law or spending time with his large family, Rolf enjoys traveling, swimming, hiking, studying history and theology, and analyzing and discussing public policy.
Assistant: Lisa Baghdady
After years of being extremely busy home educating their large family, Rolf has finally been able to get Lisa onboard and she has quickly become an essential part of Rolf M. Baghdady, P.A.
Her patience, respectful manner, and attention to detail provide her with exceptional communication skills. She enjoys interacting with clients and providing a sympathetic ear as she gains valuable information to assist in solving complex legal matters.
Her experience as a freelance writer and copy editor/proofreader has proven to be vitally important as she assists with all stages of legal document production to include correspondence with both clients and courts, such as demand letters, motions, complaints, briefs, summons, subpoenas, discovery requests, etc.
Lisa holds a B.A. in Journalism and an M.A.T. in Secondary English Education, both from USC. She was a state certified Journalism and English instructor and taught in several public schools before the Lord called her home to instruct their own children many years ago. Lisa stays busy overseeing the education of her two remaining children at home and co-directing and instructing at a local homeschool resource center. In addition to spending time with family and friends, her passions include reading, traveling, hiking, and gardening.